The new year brings new opportunities to develop effective oral health care habits, remove plaque buildup, and reduce your risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Our dentist has provided steps you can take to improve your oral health and prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
Tooth Decay Prevention
– Floss every day and brush for two minutes each morning and night.
– Choose dentist-approved dental products that are labeled with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Keep your diet healthy by including each of the food groups and limiting your between-meals snacking.
– Schedule dental checkups and cleanings every six months.
– Avoid sugary food and drinks and any snacks that stick to your teeth.
Gum Disease Prevention
– Schedule regular checkups and cleanings with our dentist.
– Don’t smoke or chew tobacco, or else you could be putting your smile at risk of gum disease.
– Diabetes or a poor diet indicate your gums need additional care.
– Seek treatment for dry mouth so that low saliva production doesn’t put you at risk of gum disease.
For more information about tooth decay and gum disease prevention in Gurnee, Illinois, schedule an appointment with Dr. Timothy Erdle by contacting Institute of Dental Implants and Periodontics today.